Saturday 12 November 2016

From Ordinary to Inquiry: Bear Unit Make-over

Ok - so I have putting a lot of thought into inquiry and how to make it a part of my classroom.  I know a lot of teachers are panicking about how to do all this on an already tight schedule.

for teachers and students

As a group, teachers are already such amazing professionals and we have already created some amazing units.  Don't reinvent the wheel!  Take what you already have and add a little inquiry!!!  Below are some steps I used to make-over my Bear Unit to an Inquiry-Based Bear unit.  Let me know what you think!  NOTE: You must follow this blog in order to post a comment.
It is so cool to see inquiry enriching your lessons and making them more relevant to students.  I can see how excited they get when they become involved in their learning!  Already, the topic of survival is something they can understand!




 The projects show below were projects I was ALREADY doing with my class!!  I just needed to CONNECT them to the SURVIVAL theme!

You can purchase my updated Bear Unit by clicking on any of the pictures above!  If you own it already, be sure to go and redownload!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.